Re: [pyrnet] Behavior Question - Need Help!

Marilou,

You have two additional behavior items going on.  The first few weeks in a
new home are the "honeymoon" phase.  The dog will be on best behavior
because she does not know if you will keep her yet.  Once she is sure, she
will dare to test you a bit.  This is good, but you must stay consistent
with praising the behaviors that you want to keep.  The other is that she is
becoming a teenager and she will test you about that.  18 mos to 30 months
is the likely time for a few testing episodes.  In my experience, though,
males are worse whether they are neutered or not.

Sweetie came to me when she was nine months old, very well cared for but she
had spent a lot of time outdoors.  She still loves to be outside  no matter
what the temperature or weather.  She begged to be let out to sit in the
rain last week.  Snce she is a house dog, I am not always thrilled about
this because she will come in to get dried off and turn around to go out
again.  My kitchen looked as bad as the yard with mud and puddles
everywhere.    Do you know if Misha was outdoors a lot?  She may just miss
it.

Amy