Re: [pyrnet] Digestive Issues

On 3 Jul 2006 at 9:13, Manny Fernandez, Jr. wrote:

> We feed her half a mix of a
> prescription only low residue dog foot along with a dog food that has
> chicken as the first ingredient.  Has anyone else out there
> experienced this kind of problem.  We have had her checked out for any
> worms.  So that is not the issue.  Her stools are often soft, and then
> we load up on the low residue dog food and that seems to fix her.  Any
> input would be appreciated.

First off, what brand prescription diet? If Hill's Science Diet, that could
be the problem!   What are the ingredients after chicken?  If corn and
grains, you could try her on a lamb and rice food.  A good natural food,
with no preservatives!  Before that I would have her checked for giardia.
If that is clear I would gradually change her over to lamb and rice and
add a probiotic to her food. Also plain canned pumpkin is good to add to
kibble, as well as yogurt.  How old is Athena?

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com

This electronic mail transmission may be PRIVILEGED and is intended
only for
the person(s) to whom it is addressed.  Any other distribution, copying or
disclosure is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error,
please notify me by return electronic mail and delete the message and
any
attachments received with it from your system.