Re: [pyrnet] Agressive behavior

I've never heard of Barks and Bubbles but there was a groomer in town who had an area set up for self bathing.  I believe it did not work because people wanted to self bathe, were not able to do it because they could not handle the dogs and / or got so much soap and water on themselves and so on (we all know what that looks like) and she ended up doing it for them but they expected to pay only the self service fee. And she was late getting the full fee dogs finished.  Put her out of business rather quickly.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Agressive behavior

When we first got Ben, he was 5 months old, and still chewing everything in sight.  He'd destroy anything he got his teeth on, including towels and socks.

Now, if I don't try to take it away, I've noticed he puts in down in a few minutes.  It might have a hole in it but not shredded.  If I catch him and take it away fast, it's usually no problem.

But if he has it for a few minutes, forget it. The chasing part is a game for him.  You can tell from the glee on his face, his tail high in the air, and his little hop-run thing.  But taking it away at that point is serious business.  But we're working on it.

One more thing...have any of you ever heard of "Bark N Bubbles Full/Self Service Dog Wash"?  There is one opening here soon.  I've never heard of a self service dog wash, but I might give it a try.  I'd much prefer all the mess at their place, but still get to wash him myself.

Thanks again for your interest and input.

Pamela and Gentle Ben