[pyrnet] (no subject)

Hi,
I don't know if I'm doing this right, but here goes....
I need a little advice.  I have a 16 month old female pyr named Lily.  I fostered her from 6months to 9months and then decided to adopt her.  She's a Hurricane Katrina rescue and, I think, is naturally shy.  This added to the storm and her lack of socialization really did a number on her.  (The people who owned her were not very smart).  She's been to 2 obedience classes and a 6 week session of private lessons.  She's  on her way.  However, being the only fulll pyr in the house and the biggest, she believes herself to be the leader.  (Not over me, the other dogs.)  My male, golden/pyr mix is truly a "beta" not an alpha, but he and Lily are having "power plays".  Three weeks ago one of these power plays landed Bailey (the mix) in the ER.  I can't afford weekly trips to the ER, and I'm not going to rehome Lily.  Bailey is also a rescue with his own history.  The trainer and I pretty much pegged the bloody power play to "supper time".  Now the bowls don't even come out until everyone is in their places.  (Lily eats in her crate and Bailey eats in my room with the door closed.)  Since then we've had minor power plays. (i.e.  Lily and Bailey started to play and Lily knocked Bailey over...hard. Body slams that turn into hard eye contact.)  I've had to watch them.  95% of the time they are fine with each other. Anyone out there with more advice?  Like I said I'm not rehoming.
Jennifer