Re: [pyrnet] Cold weather and a South Texas Pyr

Well it is all relative..... and what they are used to.  Here in Northern NM we are having a real
deep freeze..

This morning our temps were 16  with a wind chill of 2 degrees.  It has not moderated much
the entire day, with some light snow.  So I elected to keep my oldsters, age 9 and 11 inside,
as well as the rest ages 4-11. I let them out for runs and then brought them back in.  We
have a small covering of snow, which means their paws and feet will get wet and cold.  The
rest of the week is not going to be much better, so the same for tomorrow... :(

It does not matter the age, it's the weather they are used to and when that weather turns
rapidly, we must be sure our guys are comfortable.

Most of us have pet/companions so it is our duty to keep them comfortable, our pyrs are not
woosies, but what they are comfortable with is the issue.

Here is our weather forecast tomorrow, so I will be doing the same...:(

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=abq&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=203&map.y=43