I can't imagine free feeding with a pug around - I'm surprised your pyrs ever get any food - them little guys can be way pushy! - and yes, get way too fat in the process (altho, my boy Boomer is still on the fat side and he is on a reduced cal. diet) - I had show pugs for 25 years before moving to the country, now it is mainly border collies and pyrs as I have sheep and goats.? LoLa, 7 year girl, does a good job as guardian which I can't say for the boy, Orso, 16 months, who prefers to be a couch potato.? I'd love to see a photo of your guys if you ever can get a shot of them together - seems the camera is never there at the right time for me!

Nice to know I'm not the only one with an interesting mix of guys!

LoLa & Orso's mom, Trudy

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Amy Bailey <amy.bailey@myfairpoint.net> wrote:

Hi Trudy!?? Yes, Harry Pugger is a Pug.? He is four years old and runs under the big dogs – his only concession to his height or lack thereof!? Harry is convinced that he is every bit as big a dog as the Pyrs.?

?

What do you do about feeding your dogs?? My Pyrs like to munch on their dry food during the day.? ?Harry has the Pug love of eating and while he also walks away from his bowl before it is empty, he manages to graze from all the bowls to eat enough that he is a chubby boy.? The only way to put Harry on a diet is to also remove the Pyr bowls. ??They ?usually lay down to eat from their bowls so raised bowls would not work for them.?

?

I put some leftovers in the bowls last night and Harry and Charlie were both eating from the same bowl!? I wish I had my camera – it was quite a sight.

?

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Trudy and the pack
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:19 PM

Subject: Re: [pyrnet] New Good Owners ?

?

Hey Amy - is Harry Pugger a pug?? If so, your house sounds like mine - I have 2 pyrs and a rescue pug (Boomer, he is 12 and adopted last April - the 3rd time I've adopted a senior pug).? I sure hope Jim gets a pyr from rescue - the pups are darling but the mature ones deserve a home too!

LoLa & Orso's mom, Trudy