From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Trudy and the pack
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 12:13 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] New Good Owners ?

I would have loved to have seen that - very mellow for both pyr and pug - both of which can be very possessive of food.  I do not let my dogs free feed.  (I also have a couple of border collies and a 13 year old Ridgeback - so I have lots around here - as well as many other critters - anyway ----)  My experience has been that being the 'supplier' of food is what gives me an advantage over the dogs - They must sit at their spot til the bowl is put in front of them - eat what is there and within 5 minutes I pick the bowls up - believe me there is never any food left!

I can't imagine free feeding with a pug around - I'm surprised your pyrs ever get any food - them little guys can be way pushy! - and yes, get way too fat in the process (altho, my boy Boomer is still on the fat side and he is on a reduced cal. diet) - I had show pugs for 25 years before moving to the country, now it is mainly border collies and pyrs as I have sheep and goats.  LoLa, 7 year girl, does a good job as guardian which I can't say for the boy, Orso, 16 months, who prefers to be a couch potato.  I'd love to see a photo of your guys if you ever can get a shot of them together - seems the camera is never there at the right time for me!

Nice to know I'm not the only one with an interesting mix of guys!

LoLa & Orso's mom, Trudy