Re: [pyrnet] Stinky Dog

Cody has ongoing problems with skin and was diagnosed as having recurrent pyoderma.  He is on meds for this and when he has an outbreak of sores, I use fuciderm ointment (antibiotic).  Your pup's infection sounds like it could be a staph type and an antibiotic cream would be good.  If it doesn't clear up, a run of antibiotics may be needed.  Cody does have to use antibiotics once in a while if I can't control the sores with fuciderm.  Shaving your pup's affected area was a good idea to help keep it clean.  Also, I've used hydrogen pyroxide to wash the area and it helps.

Christine