Re: [pyrnet] Dog food switch

On 7/28/2010 6:16 PM, Perry wrote:
We have some dogs that are allergic to corn and have spent a lot of time and money looking for food that will work for them. (many lamb and rice foods have corn too).  We did find that Diamond food worked well for us, but a friend in our all-breed kennel club told us that Kirland food was made by Diamond so we tried it.  Our dogs have been doing really well with it for over a year.
Many smaller dog food companies have their products made my Diamond according to their formulas. This is a link of products  that Diamond manufacturers.... and recalls

http://thepetfoodlist.com/petfoods_pg1.htm

 the concern is whether Diamond has good Quality Control and tests on a regular basis between batches of food for the different companies. I suspect that they do as I feed one of the formulas that is manufactured by Diamond and have never had an issue with the food.  Remember  the recall back in 2007 of foods manufactured that contained Melamine, that killed many pets. Those foods were mostly manufactured by Menu Foods.

http://thepetfoodlist.com/petfoods_pg2.htm

--
Judith
Taos, New Mexico