Re: [WW] Howdy and ...

Bobby writes

>Game question: Other than US troops, since I was under the impression that
>most PC's will be this, will there be suggestions or rules for
incorporating other >Allied nations into the mix, or is that just a call by
your local Weird Warlord aka >the GM?

Sandor responds

>Yes, Allies and civilians will be part of the mix. The OSI (Office of
>Supernatural Investigation, iirc) will be a hook to pull some of them in,
>and well, weird things happen during war, so who knows?

Good to hear - it's real easy to forget that there were a few other nations
involved in WW2 besides the USA (just gentle prodding here :). On the
Western Front, you've got Brits, Canadians (find their histories, incredible
stuff), ANZAC, Polish (read about Op. Market-Garden), Free French, a
smattering of others. Not to mention all the possibilities of civilians.
Eastern Front is a little less 'accessible', as Amis are hard to find there.
:) But, if you want to play a group of Russians suffering under both the
nemyetsi invaders and Soviet Communism, that creates a lot of RP
possibilities. And lots of death and destruction, too. The Russians had a
few 'non-Russian' peoples involved, but the Germans threw all sorts of folks
into that bloody mixer: Romanians, Bulgarians, Italians, Spanish, etc. And
don't forget the Finns! Not that they were German 'allies', like the other
conquered territories, but they put up one -hell- of a fight.
On the other side of the world, it's similar to the Western Front, European
Theatre. The Allies are pretty diverse - ANZAC plays a greater role, being
closer to home (and next on the invasion list). Anyone from anywhere in the
British Commonwealth is a possibility. Also local forces, and - damn! I
almost forgot Indian troops - several units from India, and Ghurkas, served
with distinction in Italy, and other locales. The China-Burma-India Theatre
(CBI, also known as Confusion Beyond Imagination) is a great place for
hellish jungle campaigns, if your players are into that sort of abuse.

Noah
nvdoyle@home.com