Re[2]: [WW] War

Sorry, Alan!

Am Dienstag, 14. August 2001, 10:49:20, schrieben Sie:

> Nit pick here. The Bubonic Plague was medieval, predating the 30
> Years War by a century or so. Matter of fact, the Crusades were an
> attempt (among other things) to get people's minds off the Black
> Death.

Matter of fact, the Bubonic Plague still kept creeping up on people
(given the sanitary situation, small wonders).

1622 and 1634 half of Bonn was eradicated by it,
1625 in Neubrandenburg,
several times in the 17th century in Emden,
1623 and 1666 in Ostfriesland (Atlantic Coast)
1635 in Beckum (30 km from where I live - accidentally, exactly (to
the day) 320 before I was born the Westphalian Peace Treaty was signed
right here in Muenster).
1618 in Leopoldshafen and Eggenstein (Baden, southern Germany)

You could say the Bubonic Plague didn't care much about being outdated
these days ;-).

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833