Re[2]: [WW] War

>Sorry, Alan!
>
>Am Dienstag, 14. August 2001, 10:49:20, schrieben Sie:
>
>>  Nit pick here. The Bubonic Plague was medieval, predating the 30
>>  Years War by a century or so. Matter of fact, the Crusades were an
>>  attempt (among other things) to get people's minds off the Black
>>  Death.
>
>Matter of fact, the Bubonic Plague still kept creeping up on people
>(given the sanitary situation, small wonders).
>
>1622 and 1634 half of Bonn was eradicated by it,
>1625 in Neubrandenburg,
>several times in the 17th century in Emden,
>1623 and 1666 in Ostfriesland (Atlantic Coast)
>1635 in Beckum (30 km from where I live - accidentally, exactly (to
>the day) 320 before I was born the Westphalian Peace Treaty was signed
>right here in Muenster).
>1618 in Leopoldshafen and Eggenstein (Baden, southern Germany)
>
>You could say the Bubonic Plague didn't care much about being outdated
>these days ;-).
>
>Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
>
>Arne Reuter

Still, those were isolated outbreaks, not the continent wide
epidemics that struck in the Middle Ages.

I notice that a number of the outbreaks you list occurred during the
30 Years War. Given the level of destruction caused by that war, the
collapse of the medical system of the time most certainly had a part
to play in the outbreaks.

Chaos is certainly not conducive to good hygiene or good medicine.

To get this back on topic.

The party is on patrol through the Alsace region of France. They are
conning an old French village, one long abandoned. Beautiful
location, prime location. Nobody lives there, and from the looks of
the place, not since the 17th century or so.

The only thing new are the ripped up bodies of Wehrmacht soldiers and
Marquis fighters. Them and a near catatonic German sergeant who
mutters (in German naturally) about, "them".

During the night something dressed in tattered rags that kinda
resemble the garb of the 30 Years War period is seen gleefully
dismembering the Kraut, and the patrol's weapons do nothing to it.
That morning one American (an NPC, with WW you're gonna need red
shirts) is found to be exhibiting symptoms of a virulent strain of
Bubonic Plague.

Alan
--
_______