[WW] Re: Other Magical Traditions

I believe there is some idea that the origins of
playing cards lie in a cover for some sort of hermetic
secret - hiding it in plain sight. Something linked
with the Cathars and the wandering troupadors.
I don't remember where I read this, though I don't
think it was a particularly reliable source.

I could never understand why in Buffy they had their
Jewish witch use Wicca, which is of very dubious
authenticity when her heritage was the Kaballah, the
root of the modern western magical tradition when it
dawned on me, that was why, the Kaballah is serious,
Wicca is 'fluffy' and 'cool'.

Michael