Re[2]: [WW] OT America under Attack Letter

 >And the USA will be hard pressed to act in a rightful fashion after
 >this barbaric act. You cannot afford to strike back blindly like a
 >wild beast. This is a more or less "covert war".

Understood - one of the goals of terrorism is to create a response that is
as destructive to the targeted government as the original attack.

But still - when there are palestinians dancing in the streets handing out
candy - someone is going to get their ass kicked for this.

 >As a sidenote, since this is a WWII-related list, on an emotional
 >level I believe this can be related to the feeling of powerlessness
 >that common people must have felt after the Vx-attacks on London, the
 >US firebombings on Tokyo or Dresden.

I wonder if the person who initiated this knows this quote.
"I fear that all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant, and fill it with
a desire for vengeance."
                 - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (disputed)

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

People think we make $3 million and $4 million a year. They don't realize
that most of us only make $500,000.
                 -Pete Incavigila, baseball player for the Texas Rangers.