Re: [WW] **Spoliers** Golem - Intro Adventure

I just finished running Golem yesterday. It was run during a roadtrip from Brisbane to Sydney (that's in Australia by the way). Two players used the pre-gen characters (the Grunt and the Ox) and the third used a previously created Scout.

**Spoliers**

Also present were 6 1st level Grunts, 1 1st level Scout, 1 1st level Lt and the pre-gen Medic. These additions are usual for my games as tension can be hightened with a few strategic kills and the rest of the usual Squad was not present.

The initial speaking to the Resistance part went ok after they were told that the "huddled masses" were Jews not French villagers (they have no sympathy for the French for some reason). After that they had a bit of an investigate, finding all the clues present. Then they decided to stage an attack on the library.

The Scout & Ox moved up and stealthily killed the perimeter guards. The squad then split and came at the library from two directions easily killing the outside sentries. They then moved inside after a strategic grenade and killed the rest of the soldiers.

They then rescued the Rabbi and "Jon" and headed back to the Resistance. There they learned that Jon was actually the german commander. He laughed as they tried to shoot him but was almost grappled by the Ox only escaping through lucky rolls on my part (watch out for this, it makes the next encounter kind of hard if he cannot make it outside).

They followed him upstairs to watch him be pummeled and slammed about by the golem. Here's where I deviated from the module. Not having the Monstrous Manual I made up a few stats based on an Ogre (from the PHB). Which are as follows:

Psuedo Clay Golem
HD 8d8+16 (52 HP), Init +6 (+2 dex, +4 improved init), AC 18 (-1 size, +2 dex, +7 natural (AC drops to 16 after taking half it's hit points)), Attacks melee +10 fists, 2d8+6 dmg, Face/Reach 5' by 5'/10', Saves Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +4, SD: DR 10/+1 (DR drops to 8/+1 after taking half it's hit points), Construct. CR 5.

After a lot of gunfire and a well placed grenade from the Scout the Golem finally fell. Casualities included all the grunts except one and the Lt. The remaining grunt and novice scout fled into the night. During the cleanup Ehrmann Winter fled into the night, he will return...

The remnants of the squad were taken in a truck to an out of the way villa where they met with an unknown officer (OSI) who debriefed them. They then went back to their makeshift unit aware that something Weird is going on.

All in all it was a good adventure, having arrived home and seen the real Clay Golem stats however I know that my squad would have been utterly destroyed. Apart from that it went well and my Squad thoroughly enjoyed it.

NM

Heya,

     Has anyone tried the Golem intro adventure available on the
Pinnacle main page?  Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Cap