Re: [WW] Different system

> Now, all that said, the original TORG was better than the Masterbook version,
> IMHO. Later editors tore the heart of the system and really complicated what
> was a very streamlined process with excellent results. And the card play was
> incredible, especially with good roleplayers.
>
> Shane

Here here, I playtested and wrote some material for
Masterbook/Bloodshadows, I was in constant conflict with the editors,
who were never gamers in the true sense of the word, who just couldn't
understand just how special or how much potential TORG had if they just
let it be and do what it did best. (which was RPG I've yet seen to
capture a true movie experience) It was three years latter when
Deadlands came out that I saw a game with as much potentially. IMHO.

Which makes it not very surprising that the rules engine that I've
adapted Weird Wars to is in fact Deadlands. Only my campaign would start
in 39/40, with the PCs in Africa/Middle East trying to keep key parts of
the British empire from falling into Axis hands through espionage.

All the best

Sandy Addison