Re: [WW] Game Systems

>Which was the RPG where you played yourself (created a character based
>on your own abilities)?
----------------->
i know the old VILLIANS & VIGILANTIES game system was set up for you to use
"you" as the base, then you rolled your super powers from there.

>We'll see what group the 3rd edition falls under in the years to come.
>Certainly the D20 era has brought gamers back from the CCG fold though.
>WOTC knows how to market anything.  They could sell ice to eskimos.
------------------>
i don't know about ice, but maybe antifreeze to an arab. he hee heee.
marketing is half of everything, look how some of their systems have died
too. and with COC D20 (by WOTC) comming out soon, it'll be interesting to
see how us die hard "old" COC players like it as well (shame they couldn't
beat DECYPHER to the STAR TREK contract. i would personally love to see an
ST D20 system).

> > confusing as each has it's different rules (even within those various
>d20
> > games out there) and unless everyone in your group has spent 20+ years
>in
>
>Yeah, each D20 game tends to have a slight learning curve.
------------------>
makes me wonder how the open license works as far as game mechanics are
concerned. as each d20 system has their own unique elements (and i doubt if
WOTC has considered anything similiar to the fighter combat rules i'm sure
we'll see in DEAD FROM ABOVE (exccept maybe in STAR WARS), i wonder if other
companies will be able to freely "copy" those rules to use with another
system.

> > gaming, there is going to have some confusion. sit down some time with
>some
> > of your local gamers (not necessarily ones in your group) and casually
>chat
> > about the rules. as questions. get clarifications and opinions of
>others.
> > sit in on another game group for a few sessions. your perception of game
> > elements will change.
>
>That is a very good idea!
-------------->
thanks. wish i could just find more g ame groups in my small town area to
have a "brain pool" with some times. medina is a small town of only about
45k and about 50 various RPG'ers.

have a strange day...

...the rich
"you know you shouldn't smoke. it's not good for you."
"it's ok. i only smoke after sex."
"well that's good."
" 'bout a pack a day."
         --------->can you name that movie?