[WW] Re: Systems & STOCS

STOCS (can't remember what it stands for) was a local self published game. A
free lite version is available at: http://indigo.ie/~waste/free.htm
The creators have real jobs now so the game is in limbo, they probably still
have some copies.
We were playtesters so we know it intimately. It is good and quick but when
you get hurt you degrde rapidly.

Agreed, the referee is the critical compnent, my worst gaming experience was
with Vampire - to the extent that I swore never to play it again. The same
ref has comitted similar atrocities with STOCS, CoC and the love of his
life, Star Trek.

System comments:
GURPS - wonderful sourcebooks. The system is OK but character generation is
involved (but it does give good characters) and you can add a lot of
complexity if you start adding in the extras.
Alternity - it seems too complicated for the results you get, a pity it was
canned as I was quite fond of it.
C0C - a basically simple system.
Tri-Stat - simple but counter-intuative (-ve modifiers good, +ve bad). Not
just for Manga.
Rolemaster - a dog of a system. I remember playing it at university,
characters could take longer to create than their lifespan.
Traveller (1st ed) - simple symstem. Military character generation, WW II
era weapons (apart from the laser rifle and carbine the best weapon is a
BAR).
Dangerous Journeys. Why did I buy this turkey? It just shows that in 20
years EGG has learned NOTHING.

Michael