Re: [WW] To Weird or not to weird

Well, personally, Im not too much bothered whether I use wierdness or not, my
players are happy with the non wierd game as it is and Im not going to change
that (theyre currently working for the "Office of Special Intelligences" ;) ).

Theyre having fun blasting away the evil germans very much in the style of
old war movies (Kellys Heroes, Where Eagles Dare, etc...), which is just
perfect for the players and thier current general mood (though Im not being so
gung-ho as to let them drive up to a building full of panzerfaust bearing
germans in a halftrack and get away with it - they /survived/ due to GMs fiat).
Ive always seent he point of playing RPGs as being to have fun, and even though
this campaign is my first experience of GMing Im having lots of it, and so
are my players (and apparantly a crowd of about 7 people who watched the first
session enjoyed it too), and that as I see it is whats important, if the
players arent going to like wierdness, then theyre not going to like the game
and thus will start moaning, therefore continue non-wierd or get new players
(panzerfausts are good for the latter).

Im not going to introduce wierdness in this campaign but I probably will in
some future campaign/game.

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~grimnar/wierd-wars/report-01.html
also, data projectors are great, especially for briefings.

--
Stonewolf the mad

"Belief is not to notice, belief is just a faith
and faith cant help you escape"
 - Smashin Pumpkins - Thru the Eyes of Ruby