Re: [WW] Pilots? Pretty please?

Ole Ingvar Stene wrote:

>>The ideas laid out in the d20 rule set is Open License, the words
>>contained in any d20 product are copyright the owner - in this case
>>Pinnacle.

I don't know who said this, but it's wrong.

Any material designated as open gaming content may be freely copied,
modified, distributed, resold, or otherwise used as desired, provided
such use also follows the terms of the OGL. It is 100% legal for me to
scan and OCR any material designated as OGC and post the resulting scans
(NOT a PDF scan, but a scan which converts the page into ASCII text --
important difference!) to any forum I wish, provided I include a copy of
the Open Gaming License and update the "Section 15" copyright section.

Ideas cannot be copyrighted, so there's no such thing as a 'license' to
ideas -- that would be a meaningless farce. The value of the OGL is that
you can freely reuse the EXACT TEXT of any material released as Open
Gaming Content.

This does not apply to material designated Product Identity, which may
be intermixed with OGC text. Be sure to edit any text to remove any PI
before reusing.