[WW] Re: Init

>From: PEGShane@aol.com
>
>On a minor related note, our group really dislikes some of the D20 Init.
>rules, such as re--er. . .whatever it's called, where you basically pass on
>one action and you automatically act as if you rolled a 20 next action.
------------------------>
Refocus

>Our group also had trouble remembering their Init. ;) We usually play with
>6-8 people, and by the time it gets back around to you, people forget.
>Maybe
>we're all old and senile.
--------------------->
half my game group players are "old school" gamers from the '70's as well
shane and we understand the "PC Alzheimer's Syndrum" well. what i do as a GM
is i just use scratch pads (each is like 2"w x 6"t) with the name of each PC
on the top and special notes regarding that PC or NPC. then when INIT is
rolled, i just stack them in order of first to last and run down the stack.
don't really care about the numbers, just what order. any player who
"hemmm's and haaaaassss's" when i get to him has only a little time (i
eventually give 'em a 5 count like i do my kids) to decide or i jump to the
next character. my games run smooth and fast (and players learn to think on
their feet).

NOTE: i've been doing this system for quite some time. even back while
running STAR FRONTIERS (oh wait, that was last week! never mind).

...the rich
"what can you tell us about the guy you saw?"
"he was cucasian..."
"cucasian?"
"ya. you know, a white guy. with a mustache, about six foot three."
"awfully big mustache."
-------------------> can you name this movie?