[WW] Weird Wars Problems - Savage Worlds - D20 Modern

gathomas4@juno.com wrote:
> As for where the sandbags are and so on, i just go on the assumption that
> there are always things left out or just plain wrong with all the Weird
> War II material.  Every book in the line so far, except maybe Afrika
> Korpse - i don't have that one, has had major glitches (entire tables
> left out, etc.)  i'm not sure why that is, but when you're trying to make

My complaints with WW start at D20, since I've been waiting and waiting
for them to finally come around and use their own system for WW.  Now
that my waiting for their own system is over, I find out they won't use
it for WW2.  <sigh>

The books...  Dead From Above was okay, if not a little small, and
likely should have been all in the main book, but no biggie there.

The main rulebook...  Not including the Pilot was kind've poor IMO.  The
back cover should have mentioned that the game requires all three core
D20 books.  The reference tables in the back are NOT photocopy friendly
(black background should have been white with black print).  I also
think they should have included a little "Guns for dummies" information
for people who want to play but don't know a fig about guns.  We don't
all live in downtown Detroit ;)

I haven't acquired LOTRD yet.  Still trying to decide about it.  I'm not
really interested in the Pacific Front (neither are any of my players).
Missing the gun stats was a huge ooops though.  It seems they hadn't
even considered it, since it required research and time to get them
ready.  Anyhow, mistakes like that I can handle.

Will they have even more mistakes when they're using their own system?

Anyhow, I still hope and plead for WW:WW2 D20-SW conversion.  Dual stat
books would be okay too.

I'm not at all interested in the Viet name WW, and hope I'm not expected
to buy it so I can convert WW2 to SW.

I do have to say though, that the D20 WW always runs better than I
expect ;)  As I recall one of the reasons Shane mentioned about making
the Wild Card system (now Savage Worlds) was because D20 Modern was
coming out.  That ever come out?  Has it made the WW D20 system
obsolete?

Cap