Re: [WW] Hell In The Hedgerows Qs - Possible Spoiler

I just want to extend my appreciation to Mike Palmer and screenmonkey
for their aid with HITH.  :)

Mike Palmer wrote:

>     There are several goofy things in HITH.  When I ran it for my group, I
> just ignored the map that came with it.  I never give the group a map.  It
> leads to very bad things.  I just had them approach from the north of town

What bad things?

> Another goofy thing is when you meet Pierre the first time (the one with the
> crush), he needs a translator the first time, but can speak English the time
> the group returns after the Lagolis farm.

Yeah, I caught that one.  My group has a french resistance player and
none of the others speak french, so I had Pierre speak only to him both
times, BUT I did have him bring the widow girl at the first encounter to
introduce her.

> My group never knew the differences.

My session went amazing.  I don't think they noticed any 'problems' in
the adventure.

gathomas4@juno.com wrote:

> i had my guys approach from the West, with North being the standard top
> of the map. It just worked out better that way for my campaign at the
> time.  No problems there though, i just had the players talk to the

Yeah, I simply had them come to the hotel first, altered the map and
added a back gate.  They ended up hopping the hedge and venturing into
the minefield, getting pretty lucky, and the French Resistance guy snuck
up on the 'guard at the sandbags' tackling him and stabbing him numerous
times <chuckle>.

> As for where the sandbags are and so on, i just go on the assumption that
> there are always things left out or just plain wrong with all the Weird
> War II material.  Every book in the line so far, except maybe Afrika

I would have liked a better map of the area and a decent map of the town
itself.  I could live without the map of the farmhouse (which wasn't
included anyhow).

I set up an awesome ambush after the farmhouse, that went great.  It
came sooo close to killing them all, but they fought back and won.  It
was a great victory, although one lost his life.  Grenades make a huge
difference :)

> Korpse - i don't have that one, has had major glitches (entire tables
> left out, etc.)  i'm not sure why that is, but when you're trying to make
> books for a needlessly rules laden system like d20, i imagine mental
> fatigue takes its toll. =)

Perhaps...  I really do hope peginc changes their mind and throws out
some WW2/SW material.

> So stay on your toes and go with the flow - it's a fun adventure even
> with a hiccup or two.

Y'know, I was a little hesitant about this adventure.  I actually read
it, and then decided to skip to TEST OF WORTH, but TOW really was too
hard for my guys at this point, so I decided to give HITH a whirl.

What ended up being the biggest frustration for the players was getting
nickel and dimed to death by the hedge.

A cool part was a character giving up his life (being completely
incapable of escape from the hedge) and holding a live grenade....
Although it didn't kill the monster....

The strength of this adventure was in the flow.  While it was a little
slow at the start, that did aid in the whole feeling.  Let's see if I
can get my point across.  The adventure started very slow and built up
momentum, and unlike mahy adventures, had a pretty good climax.  I and
my players thoroughly enjoyed the session.

What was a little ironic was the medals and promotions afterwards.
While possibly realistic, it wasn't fair.

Of note, the PCs prior to this went on the demo adventure in the back of
the WW book and Golem.

Cap