Re: [WW] Threading New Theaters

Currently my players are in Norway, Mid-May 1940, part of the rear guard
falling back towards Narvik.  They are part of the 1st Regiment North
Umberland Fusilliers (semi-fictious regiment), and will soon suffer the
"Dunkirk of the North."  I currently have 7 players, with 1 additonal
every other week.  I just had the PC lieutenant step on a mine, and is
going to be out of action for several months game time, and the player
has now started playing a former NPC squaddie.  So far, story wise, they
were in Norway when the invasion began, having been a scout group for
RAF, checking out air fields (based on the Anglo-Norwegian agreement of
1939), and unoffcially there.  They managed to stop a Fallschrimjaeger
platoon advancing towards an undefended port south of Narvik, for which
they were duly rewarded, becoming minor media heroes.  They met a strange
SS officer, who liked to run around northern Norway in Mid-April wearing
only tropical shorts and jack boots.  They later met him durring a
scouting mission, when they fired upon him, while he was under a white
flag.  Ooops.  Fortunately for them, no one else saw this happen.  The PC
with a Bren gun put a full clip into this SS officer, and he walked away.
 That sent them flying for home.  They had a brief interlude in London,
where a MI officer (Cpt Damian Cross, Intelligence Chief for the
Templars) had them running around looking for Aleicester Crowley.  They
encountered "semi-phantasmal SS" (DC20 to see, otherwise light weights),
which gave them fits, assaulted the Spanish Embassy (after losing Crowley
to a SA spy in the MOD), then blew up a U-Boat in Wapping.  Then they
trained for a few weeks with the Regiment, and are now back in Norway.
After Narvik, I will give them a "choice" of assignments: 1. Greece.
They will be advisors to the Greek Army; 2. Egypt.  The Italians will
have invaded Egypt, and they will be part of 8th Army; 3. Singapore.  A
nice quiet, exotic posting, far away from the fighting in Europe; 4.
Ethiopia/Somalia.  They will be part of Wavell's force retaking Abyssinia
and Italian Somaliland; 5. Bermuda/Bahamas.  another nice quiet posting
away from the fighting.  Of course, we know what happens to Singapore,
and the Carribean posting will involve efforts by teh Kriegsmarine to
disrupt convoys on that side of the Atlantic. So, no rest for the wicked.

Josh R
"No matter where you go, there you are."  B.Bonzai