RE: [WW] Weapon reliability mechanics [was some silly argument]

Well, it isn't D20 Modern or WW2, but Spycraft has a pretty good critical
failure system. It is, as someone already mentioned, the complement to the
critical success system. Average firearms would have a possible critical
failure on a natural 1-2, a reliable weapon would have a 1 and really
unreliable would maybe be 1-3.

Where Spycraft use 'action dice' the system could be changed back to the D20
standard by doing the following: If the attack roll is equal to the critical
threat level you roll again. If the second roll is a failure (not a crit
failure) then there is a jam or some other unfortunate event. However, the
way I play another failure is a jam or misfire, but a second crit failure is
something more sinister.

Just some thoughts.
Peter