Re: [werewolf] end game stalemate, even number of players mode=day

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 02:50:23PM -0400, Mark Hartwell wrote:
> 113 ended in a tie.
>
> 2 wolves 1 illusionist voting for a seer
> 1 seer 1 angel 1 villager voting for a wolf
>
> pretty much everyone agreed on who was what.
>
> there's an argument that this should be a wolf win.
>
> there's an argument that this should be a village win.
>
> the decision was, this is a tie.  I guess ties are ok.
>
> Can we talk out the options and decide how this should be handled in
> the future?
>
> suggestions:
>
> 1) a two way tie goes a certain time, the village lynches both.
> perhaps the same could happen in a three way tie.  (probably in a
> mafia game)  lynch all three and bring on the night.  in the
> configuration 113 had, i think this would have led to a village
> win.  (as the next day, there'd be 4 players, with a 2-2 split and
> the only way the wolf could win would be if 2 votes were for a good
> and 2 votes were for the illusionist, but that wasn't going to
> happen!)

That actually works out to be a decided by the angel, I think: after
this voting, you have 1 w, 1 i, 1 a, 1 v as night falls.  If the
wolf is successful in killing the villager or the angel that night,
the wolf wins during the day.  If the angel is successful in
defending that night, the village wins.

Still, I think this is the best option for dealing with a tie vote.
If the lynch mob can't decide on just one person to lynch, there are
plenty of branches on the tree.

--
mwl@alumni.unh.edu                 OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-