[werewolf] Seermessage and the illusionist

> flig writes:
> Probably should take this conversation to werewolf-users to continue,
> though.

Here we are.

> Pretty much some combination of what you & I just said about how
> multiple seer games work.  Also, in the FAQ, -seermessage needs to
> include the fact that the illusionist can message.

I'll update those.

> The whole concept of the seermessage was that the seer could build a
> network of trusted sources -- essentially growing a group of masons.
> That's why it's taboo to have both masons and seermessage -- if a seer
> finds a mason, the network gets too strong too fast.

Aha!  What you say is almost true, but not quite.  At first we put in seermessage to get people to not use the usual pbmserv "message" command outside of the game.  We intended it to always be off.

But, then jimreed suggested we turn it on and leave out masons and see how it went.  It was pretty fun, so that's how we use it now.

> Then, illusionist was added, and it made things more....interesting.

Yep.  We still have the half-baked (Hi Eric!) game idea of fading illusionism.  Have the illusionist disguise persist night after night, but with a chance that the illusion fades away each night.