Re: [werewolf] Options: recruiting and simultaneous nights

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 01:29:32PM -0400, Lee Griffin wrote:
> That reminds me, can one of the experienced developers explain how to
> set up your local machine to test?  I commented out the user check to
> create a board, but I would like to avoid that work around in the
> future.

Are you using Windows?  If so, I don't know what works, but in Linux/Unix you need a "home" directory.  I use "pbem" under my usual home directory.

You then need to set enviro variables.  Here are my defaults:

PBMHOME=/home/mballinger/pbem
SENDER=markball
INPUTFILE=/home/mballinger/pbem/test.comments

I have a little file called "test.comments" as I'm not actually receiving emails with chat.  "SENDER" affects how email goes out.

Under your home directory, you need "etc" with a file there called "users".  This file is just lines of "userid:email address", which I fake.

You now need a directory "newgames" and within that a directory called "Werewolf".

Finally, a "src" directory for working on werewolf.pl, and a "bin" directory where you keep the executable "werewolf".