Re: [werewolf] Angel protection

The problem with having recruiting take out a mafia, is that you get two bad recruit nights, and you've effectively ended the game. And even at 10%, because it's a random chance, it's not unlikely that we'd see the mafia kill itself off using recruit.

As for making the factions different, that's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind seeing the angel able to protect, and the medic not able to protect, but I'm not sure how much of a problem that will end up being for the coders. If we wanted to make them different, I'd say that a failed bite doesn't give up the werewolf, but a failed offer does give up a mafioso. Or has a percent chance to do so, at least. But killing off a mafia for a failed offer is just way too harsh.

But as it is, let's try and get a simple, symmetric version working and debugged. It sounds like we're close (or already have it, and I'm just behind the times.)

mike ledoux wrote:

Yes, exactly.  If you're shot, a medic can (try to) save you, but
that doesn't prevent you from getting shot.  In terms of actual
game-play, it would be easier to keep the game balanced if the wolf
and mafia nights work exactly the same (ie, consider the medic as
'protective custody' or something), but I think it would make the
game more interesting if the two factions were not identical.

Keep the wolves bite the same as it is now (x% chance of success,
angel protects against), but make the mafia recruitment such that
the medic doesn't protect against it, x% chance of success, but
a failed attempt has a y% chance at taking out one of the mafia
(perhaps the recruit has a gun already and doesn't like the mob...).
I'm thinking x=50, y=25 for starters.