Fwd: [werewolf] Angel protection

Doh, didn't hit reply all...  Oh and I forgot this any way:  ARRRRR!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Luter <adam.luter@gmail.com>
Date: Sep 19, 2005 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [werewolf] Angel protection
To: Ian Cyr <toreigninhell@gmail.com>

Hey, I know I'm coming in here a bit late.  But I don't think this
game really goes with %chance rolls.  Why not have waivers instead?
That is, say every three turns you get a waiver to bite someone
(starting off with say one waiver at the beginning of the game).
Choosing to bite uses up the waiver, choosing to kill does not.  You
can't affect the speed at which you get the waivers.  This would
provide a much more consistant interface, which makes strategy more
interesting.  Also, you could put a cap on the maximum waivers (maybe
1 or 2).

So it would work like this.  Start of game wolves have 1 waiver.  They
choose to use it that night.  They now have 0 waivers on day 2.  Night
2 comes around and they have to choose a kill.  Night 3 comes around
and they get another waiver.  They decide to kill instead, so their
waiver stays for Night 4.  They again decide to kill.  Night 5 comes
around they choose a bite.  Night 6 comes and they get another waiver
which they use immediately.

So let's say that's the end of the game, they got three bites over the
6 nights.  You can change the balance by increasing the maximum saved
waivers, and the rate you get new ones.  You can also change if they
start with any waivers.  (Infact, a good game could be one where you
start with 3 waivers, only 1 or 2 wolves, but don't get anymore until
night 5 or 6).

Another possibility is that you only get waivers after X number of
kills, like powering up.  So it works like waivers, except that
instead of X nights having to pass, it's X kills.  (Or even, X number
nights of not killing anyone).

Either way something like this limits the frequency of the kills, but
keeps a game from being ruined because of several bad rolls.

-Adam (gryn)