Re: [DL] Improving Chi Powers (John Goff)

At 11:12 PM 3/30/00, you wrote:
> > All this talk of martial artists reminded me of my big nitpick with the
>current rules: the bounty cost to increase levels of chi powers has always
>seemed unduly harsh.
> >
>(SNIP)
> >
> > John, do you have any plans to tweak the improvement costs in Hexarcana?
>
>No, I seriously doubt it. Martial artist powers are closest to those of the
>Harrowed in reliability and effectiveness. Plus, they have specific
>Hinderances to allow them to purchase extra powers at character creation.
>IMHO, they're pretty close to balanced where they are.
>
>To decrease them to the only progression amount below the current rate makes
>them equivalent to advancing a single Aptitude. Granted the other ABs are at
>that rate and have been, but each has a significant balancing mechanism to
>them. Enlightened martial arts are "safe" for the most part.
>
>John

I defiantly agree.  I just have 2 questions:

1-are you gonna keep Chi like Chi or make it like strain and adjust costs
2-If keep it as per, are you gonna keep using the spirit coordination or
the Chi (aptitude) level? The latter makes more sense to me but thats just
my opinion.

TBS