RE: [DL] Expanded Christian Sinnin' Table

being the Godless heathen that I am, Im
> not really
> sure what qualifies as a sin. I mean I have a remote idea, but overall Im
> bound to miss a lot of things. If someone could throw out an idea
> or maybe a
> makeshift table it would do worlds for helping me.
[snip]
> obviously torture is a sin of some sort... but just how bad Im
> not sure.

All I can offer you is the distinction between mortal sin and venial sin in
Catholic theology:

A Mortal Sin is one in direct violation of the 10 Commandments and committed
with the expressed knowledge and consent of the sinner.  These destroy
Charity.  Murder is a clear example here.

A "Venial sin allows charity to subsist, even though it offends and wounds
it."  Gluttony (the focus on the material rather than the spiritual and the
selfishness of keeping more food to yourself than you need) would be an
example, as would drunkeness.

A Mortal sin can be deemed "venal" or even entirely excused if there is
unintentional ignorance in regards to the event.  For example, murder is
wrong.  However, self-defense is considered OK because the impetuous of the
act is to preserve a life (yours or, conceivably, someone else's) and the
killing of another is an unintentional byproduct.

In game terms, a Mortal sin would be a Major sin and a venial sin would be a
minor sin.

Although this is Catholic theology, the ideas are general enough that I
think they would -- with some moderation and tweaking -- fit any Christian
sect.  Hope this helps as a general rule of thumb.

Matt