RE: [DL] Has anyone made a News Paper handout for the Posse

david.tabb@msfc.nasa.gov wrote:
Subject: RE: [DL] Has anyone made a News Paper handout for the Posse

> I was wondering if anybody has created a handout News Paper for their
> Posse?
>
> If so, what sort of word processor did you use?  Any good fonts or
> background watermarks?
>
> Thanks
> Travel'n Jones
> jrickel@fusionone.com

I utilize Word 2000 with text boxes to create multiple columns.  I also
integrate various fonts for the text, just for variety's sake (Durango,
Times New Roman, Modern No. 20, Lucida Bright, Perpetua, Cottonwood
Semi-bold).

I use events that the posse has been involved in, usually edited by the
Punkertons ("Hey!  That's not what happened!") to create a sense of both
accomplishment and frustration.

I try to extensively use true historical dates -- the idea is to create
a feeling of a real world (outside the player's immediate area of
effect) spinning madly along its way.  _The Old West Day By Day_ is an
excellent resource for this sort of thing.

I also try to include plot hooks as well.  If the PC's saw it coming in
last week's paper, there tends to be a higher level of buy-in.

I "publish" pretty much bi-weekly, if I can keep up.  My players love
it!

Good luck!

D.

p.s. -- if you're interested in seeing one of my papers, email me
privately and I'll send you one.  The formatting may not hold up, but
there's always hope!