Re: [DL] Hex Question: Shard (metal magic)

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Goff" <JohnGoff@deadlands.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2000 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] Hex Question: Shard (metal magic)

> > This just appeared in our game last night. When casting Shard (from
> > Thaumaturgical Diffusion, City of Gloom), when the huckster creates more
> > than 1 shard, does he draw a seperate hand for each off of the original
> roll
> > for cards? The hex is unclear.
> >

> Draws once. In Hexarcana, it's been tweaked just a tad (back to its
original
> version, to be honest). Each dart past the first raises the TN to cast it
by
> +2, and each target after the first increases the TN to hit by +2. Roll
> separate hit locations for each dart if all are aimed at the same target.
>
> BTW, I assume your note that if one hits they all hit meant if they were
> aimed at a single target, right? Because when firing at multiple targets,
> although the huckster makes a single roll to cast the hex and hit with the
> darts, different modifiers to the attack may cause some darts to miss
their
> targets while others hit.

Yes. Sorry I wasn't more clear on the subject! And thanks for the
clarification - I wondered if the hex was going to be errata'ed. Our
huckster doesn't want to be a mad scientist, but loves metal magic for those
times when a pile o' souls smacking down the opponent just isn't enough.
Plus, with Reflect, he's had some really cool battles with other
hucksters/hexslingers that've lasted a while.

Eagerly awaiting Hexarcana!   =)

Thanks,
Marshal Slade
slade@blackoak.com