Re: [DL] Mad Scientists

> Speaking of which, what the most amazing invention you've seen built, (or
at
> least blue-printed)?

I'll have to think about that one. When I play mads, I tend to aim for
inventions with capabilities in the Two Pair to Three of a Kind range. Gives
my character a chance at cranking the thing out in a reasonable amount of
time, but still provides enough "umph" to give an edge in a fight. So, while
the characters usually have a ton of them, none are particularly
earth-shattering.

The neatest one I thought up, but never built, was a flash-gun that used
photographic flash powder in a closed tube. When ignited, the light from the
flash was bounced between mirrors in the tube and focused  through a convex
lens many times over as it bounced. When the trigger was pulled, the mirror
on one end is lifted and an intense beam of light shoots out, something like
a primitive laser.

A simpler version of that uses a ghost rock chunk to make a primitive laser
scope for a firearm.

> And can I please have an answer to my gatling-pistol/burst question?

Sorry, could you repost--I must have missed it. :-/

John