Re: hit locations (was: [DL] only a little OT, or not even, really.)

>The hit location tables were several pages (actually 22 pages would be more
>than several wouldn't it?) long and really only make sense if you use the
>Phoenix Command Combat System. Although they did make a Wild West supplement
>for the system...  The extra detail can be pretty cool though and can lead
>to some great role playing since the player knows EXACTLY what has happened
>to his character. For example; shot through the lung, talk with a bubbling
>gasping voice.

For me - the coolest Phoenix Command memory was the time that, during a
firefight, two guys shot each other dead with head shots.
What makes this so cool was that one guy fired first, but was using a
fairly large calibre bullet and so while it was in it's time of flight, the
other guy had time to get his shot off.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html