Re: [DL] Confederate Missouri

Hi,
    In writing the background of a character from Missouri, I was doing a
bit of research into the Civil War when I discovered that Missouri never
secceded despite being a slave state (in our world).  However, in Deadlands,
Missouri is a part of C.S.A. by 1876.  Is there an "official" Deadlands
history of Missouri in
existence which explains this event?  If so, where can I find it?
    As far as I can tell from my research, most of the fighting in Missouri
during the Civil War was guerrilla activity between "Southern" Bushwhackers
and the Union Army supported by Jayhawkers.  (The movie "Ride with Devil"
comes to mind.  However, it is unlikely that the Bushwhackers could have
taken control of the state without support of the Confederate regulars.
    My provisional history of Missouri has it being taken early in 1865 by
the C.S.A., which had retaken Vicksburg the previous year.  Any thoughts?
          Daniel Gwyn
"You have a big heart...not as big as your mouth,  but
you have good feelings inside you"
    From the Frisco Kid