[DL] Setting the Record Straight

At 06:42 PM 1/5/2001 -0800, Mr. Steve Peterson wrote:
>We will be posting release information as we get things firmed up.
>Eventually, we'll be announcing products a full four months in
>advance to the trade. Major releases will be discussed even earlier
>than that. Of course, when we're dealing with freelancers (artists,
>writers,
^^^^^^

editors, garphic artists) for some or even all parts of a
>project, it can be difficult to nail down a release date accurately.

Sir:
	With all due respect, good sir, the only two PEG products done by
freelance writers and unreleased prior to the Cybergames buyout--*Rain o'
Terror*, by Mr. Anthony Ragan, and *Dead Presidents*, by myself--were both
submitted well in advance of their deadlines. Indeed, Mr. Ragan did so
after a previous author bailed out of the project, something for which one
might reasonably assume Cybergames would be grateful for.
	While I cannot speak to the problems you may be having on other creative
fronts, I would thank you never again to place blame (by implication)
falsely upon me or Mr. Ragan (whom I am not speaking for, BTW) in a public
forum. While the insult is in all likelihood unintentional, it is both
injurous to me as a an industry professional and very disappointing coming
from someone whom I have had the pleasure of meeting and the greatest
personal respect and admiration for.

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: Deadlands: The Weird West Revised Edition
Co-Author: Tales o' Terror: 1877, Back East: The South & the JLA Sourcebook
Reviewer: Games Unplugged Magazine
Southern by the Grace of God