Re: [DL] Discussion about Off topic posts

> I have been letting the OT posts linger a bit longer lately due to the
> lower volume of on-topic posts, preferring noise to silence given the lack
> of signal.

I don't have a problem with this.  I have a delete key and I know how to use
it.  (I would have to, or I wouldn't be able to be here, given the number of
things that contain spoilers... I am merely a lowly posse member, after
all!).  And it is good to hear something from the group, after all.  (I
actually enjoyed the blue dice thread, but then, I am a weirdo.)

> But how do other folks feel about this?   There indeed have been a LARGE
> number of off topics lately - including some instigated by the OT list
> crowd just to instigate an off-topic thread.  (You know who you are.  :-)
>
> What would be a reasonable level of off-topicness for the main list?

I don't know that I can answer this... For me, it is easy to ignore OT
stuff, but I imagine that for someone on digest, it isn't so simple.  I
think that different threads have a different level of how long is too
long...  and one thread may have two posts in a day, and another may have
30.  I wish I had something more concrete to contribute, but I really don't
know how to quantify how much is too much, because I don't think I have ever
reached that level.  I just roll my eyes and <delete> as needed.

Tifainé