RE: [DL] Just some screwball questions

On Thu, 23 August 2001, Seanchai wrote:

> >>Sounds like a lot to me, both as a player and as a Marshal.<<
> Is that really too many?

Hmm.....  Well, that is about how many I hand out.... I even give out legend chips for a good Tale Tellin' on a medium baddie.

However, I am mean when it comes to rollin' damage.  I throw tons of stuff at 'em, and since my guys tend to do less research - we have some very impulsive players - they often spend chips out the tuckus.  However, they are VERY loyal, and spend chips on other players ALL the time.  I never though I would see a posse spend all thier chips to fend off a Los Diablos attack on one player.  Did my heart good, ya know.

So then end result is the same - slower advancement, but the means are a little different.  Daphne is right tho - you gotta slow the chips or up the damage factor.  And remember - this is Deadlands - if you kill a posse member, it ain't neccessarily for good.  And even if it is, heck, its supposed to be gritty.  I give all my new players a speech - "This ain't D&D, you will probably have at least one character die.  I just want you to be ready for it.  There are forces in this game world that are VERY powerful, and the more you frustrate them, the harder they come after you."  I gave the speech again after the fist Los Diablos attack, and then warned them - there is much worse out there.  They didn't look too happy.

Jeff Tolle

"I've got Dungeon Masters Guide / I've got 12 sided
dice / I've got Kitty Pride / And Nightcrawler, too /
Waiting there for me / Yes I do."

"In the Garage" Weezer
http://www.shopping.altavista.com