RE: [DL] Bounty Point Awards (was Just some screwball questions)

>>2-4 points, if you're always giving out 4 then it's too much.  Your
average session should get you about 3 points (a red and a white).<<

   But we generally have above average sessions. Seriously. And I we've
only played once this go around, so I am not always giving out 4. Not yet
anyway. And remember, I'm not the guy with the Martial Artist - I'm just
wondering if, given my experiences thus far, a hallmark skill of 7 or 8
should be a difficult place to get to. From my math, it ought to take
around 12 or 13 sessions if the player is single-minded.

>>Now, all the chips you give out shouldn't go directly to bounty, they
should be spending some on preventing damage and making rolls.  When a
charecter blows all his chips on bounty he should get knocked around the
next session.<<

   Well, they fought two cinematic vampires the first session. They were
slightly weakened from the ones presented in the book (they had a Focus -
Head as well as Focus - Heart). Two players *very* nearly died and ended up
with no chips left at the end of the session. The Huckster who stood back
and shot them with Black Lightning ended up with all his starting chips.
   One area of slight concern I have is those nights when there isn't a big
fight: Will the players be spending chips on just roleplayed interaction
and investigation? I would imagine they won't - at least not anything above
a white. Does that end to leave the players with an excess of chips?

                  Seanchai

"Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and
telescope." - Theodore Roszak