Re: [DL] A certain guy who comes around the 25th of December (MARSHALS ONLY SPOILERS)

--- Ceiu430@aol.com wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  All you players skeddadle. GIT . . .
>

> Okay Marshals still there?

Yup.

> Also
> legends have away of coming to life in the Deadlands
> world. The first RVC mentioned Paul Bunyan and John
> Henry, if I remember correctly. And what would the
> Reckoners think of Santa? He would certainly go a
> long way towards lowering some Fear Levels.

It depends how you look at it. Instead of Santa Claus,
I imasgined Santa Claws. Think of a twisted parody of
good ol' St Nick with wicked looking claws and a mouth
full of sharp teeth wanting to find out which children
have been naughty and which have been nice. Naturally,
kids will be kids and Santa Claws would see them as
all being naughty, and let me tell you, punishment
wouldn't be a sack full of coal. Oh no. Much, much
more terminal than that. Maybe an adventure could be
set around a series of missing children around
Christmas Eve,and the posse eventually finds out that
good ol' St Nick is actually one of the Reckoners'
fearmongers. Hmmm ... that's so good I might use it
myself ... :)

James Knevitt

P.S. I have Paul Jennings to thank for the bare bones
of the idea above. He's a really good Australian
children's author and I devoured his books whole while
growing up. :)

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"