Re: [DL] Intro Adventure

 >at which point I made the discovery
 >that the rulebook I have is 1st edition, not revised edition.
 >But I have the basic Hell On Earth rulebook too, which seems like
 >I can use it to figure out most of the changes.

Also - buried in the AR is the sum list of all noticed changes between 1st
ed and 2nd ed.

 >1) I gather that Hucksters now use only a single Aptitude with a
 >   concentration for each Hex.  Does it cost 5 Bounty Points for
 >   new Hexes?

Yup.

 >2) I'd like my players to be able to use the Wrangler archetype
 >   from R/V/C (I've got one player who loves that sort of thing).
 >   Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what Knack: Born Under A
 >   Blood Red Moon does.  Help?

I don't know off of the top of my head - but that edge appeared in Quick
and the Dead - which is the 1st edition setting sourcebook.  IMO it is a
/must have/ book - as long as you are staying with 1st edition.

FYI - The 2nd edition books (Marshal's Handbook and Player's Guide) take
the information from both Q&tD and the 1st ed. rulebook, and redistribute
the information therein so that all the player information is in one book,
and marshal in the 2nd.

  If a copy of Q&tD can be found, go for it.  It should be pretty cheap as
it is an "earlier" edition book, but armed with the 1st edition rulebook
and the list of changes you should be current on the mechanics.  eBay would
be a good place to look.

Oh - IIRC - Under a Blood Red Moon allows the player to spend fate chips to
gain "wilderness" style advantages - I think a white chip gives a +4 to any
animal handling style role, etc.

 >3) I've seen a couple of references to not being able to use a
 >   white Fate Chip to reroll the result of a red chip...but the
 >   white chip description from a few sentences earlier says
 >   nothing about being able to reroll anything, just giving you
 >   extra dice.  Huh?

Mixup in language - once a red chip is spent, you can't go back and use a
white chip to roll an additional die.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

The only reason we lost 'Nam is that we didn't use enough Napalm.