Re: [DL] Non-Ghost Rock Science

> I think this is a reasonable way to let some of a mad scientist come out
> without using Ghost Rock. However, I see some problems in it to start.
> As an example, how does reliability work? Would they be more stable, for
> lack of Manitou flying about it? Or less reliable, being that it doesn't
> have the do-everything clutch of Ghost Rock?

One thing to remember is that the Mad Science creations don't come from
ghost rock- they come from the whisperings of manitous in the Hunting
Grounds.  Sure, things like ghost steel, vapor cannons, and various vehicles
USE ghost rock, but things like vehicles and Gatling weapons don't
necessarily need ghost rock at all.  Vehicles can burn coal instead, though
they need to burn 3 times as much, while guns don't need a fuel source at
all.  Just consider what exactly he's trying to make, and if it doesn't need
ghost rock to exist (like a gun), don't penalize him.  Mad Science doesn't
NEED ghost rock, it just makes it much more fun :) .

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times