Re: [DL] the PEG online store [PEG and/or Shane]

In a message dated 3/12/2002 10:13:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, knick_nevin@yahoo.com writes:

If I buy something online, will PEG make more money
than if I bought it at my local gaming store?
(they don't ever seem to get what I want in stock)

We do. We sell our products to distributors at 60% off the cover price. Stores get it for around 50% off. That means on a $20 source book, we get $8. Out of that must come printing (usually $2), art (around $2 per book), and writing ($2 per book). Yuck. When we sell direct, we make a much better margin.

Still, the local game store is important because if you don't support them, they'll stop carrying Deadlands stuff, and then new players won't see it, casual players who don't check the website won't know new stuff is out, etc.

If something is about to go out of print, or run out
of stock on the online store, you'll let us know on
the DL list, right?
(there's alot of stuff in the online store that I want
to grab, but money is a limiting factor and I can only
grab about one thing per week... I'd like to get
everything I want in one fell swoop though, so I'm
saving up)

I'll try.

Are all of the sourcebooks and adventures eventually
going to be available as E-Books? And why only one
book to a cd-rom?

just asking
-doc

First, who says there's only book per CDROM? I put as many as a person orders on one CD and mail it out like that.

As for future books being released as E-Books, I'm not sure. It's a great format for some, but some hate it. I've looked into Lightning Press, but they're very expensive. If they lower their prices, or I find another vendor, I'll be able to do the low print runs I need for older, slower-selling material. I'll update everyone should that happen (no time soon).

Shane