Re: [DL] Just an idea

Cool!  You're the first Deadlands player that I have found in Nebraska
since I started playing.  I live in Fullerton, which is about 100 miles
west of you, and I don't make it to Omaha very often.  This should
change when I start doing game demos for a miniature mecha combat game.
We'll have to look each other up.  :)

I've thought about creating some material based on occurrences in the
county where I live.  One of the most interesting is there have been
"big foot" sightings along the loop river as far back as the early
1900's. My idea would have a small town (Fullerton) that for reasons of
trade (I think that would be workable) is allowed to exist 20-25 miles
north into the Sioux Nations.  However, the people who live in this town
are a bit on edge considering their location, giving birth to some sort
of abomination that stalks the townspeople and the few farms outside the
town.

In present day reality, we just happened to have a sighting again about
a year or two ago.  Some people living out on a farm were wakened to the
noise of something trying to break into their house.  Thinking it was a
burglar, they called the Sheriff's office while one of them went to
investigate.  When the guy turned the lights on, he saw some beastly
face in the window.  The guy was scared pretty badly and before he could
recover whatever it was had disappeared.  IIRC, the deputies that went
out there didn't find anything so the whole incident was closed as a
prowler.