RE: [DL] holsters...

>>According to them, fast-draw holsters canted the gun's butt a bit
>>forward.  This way, if it goes off in the holster, you're a lot less
>>likely to get yourself shot in the foot.  Although they don't mention
>>this, I'd expect that this sort of holster also had the tie around
>>the leg to keep the lower end of the holster from flapping, or being
>>in an inconvenient angle.

>Yes, many fast draw holster did/do have leg ties as well.

Just for accuracy's sake, welcome to the world of Hollywood folks.  Leg ties
did not really exist for holsters in this time period.  It was an invention
of the movie industry.  It really is brilliant in its simplicity.  Just
stabilize the holster so you always know where the grip is.  It made many
actors into quick draw kings.

Of course I allow them in Deadlands, explaining them away with "alternate
history," but the real reason is that their cool.  And Deadlands is all
about cool.  :)

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."