Re: [DL] International Gaming

At 02:23 AM 7/29/2002, Allan wrote:
>Anecdotaly, (it's a word now), when I was front man for the Deadlands
>contact email address, it got a relatively large number of posts from the
>French.  Going by the sample of usenet posts and websites, it's seems to
>be pretty big over there.
>
>I wonder if they have a fascination with the mythic American West, the way
>some Americans (like me) have a fascination with Feudal Japan.

         One of the countries I always thought would be a natural for DL is
Australia, what with it having a "Western" tradition of its own and all. I
was even more convinced of this when I saw how many Canadian DL fans were
here (or at least used to be); another country with a "Western" period in
its past.
         However, Shane told me after his visit Down Under that Vampire
LARPing is way bigger there than any pencil & paper game. That surprised me.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_