Re: [DL] Ketchum grenade

At 09:30 AM 12/5/2002, firebandit2001@yahoo.com wrote:

>Possible Spoilers!
>

>SCRAM

>In the Texas Ranger book they give stats for the MKII. Granted, it's a mad
>science grenade available only to Rangers of higher rank but it may work.
>It comes as part of the S.P.S.(Supernatural Phenomenon Survival) kit. It's
>not what you're looking for but it is a grenade that exsists in the
>Deadlands world.

         The Rains grenade in LS is rather a different design than the
Ketchum, and it's not a mad science creation.

>Stats: Burst 10  Damage 10d20

         Just FYI, the Damage was supposed to be 2d20.

>I had three Los Diablos come after my group two game sessions ago. The
>Ranger borrowed one of these kits w/ two MKII's in it. The first Los
>Diablos chipped away alot of the damage so it survived long enough to gore
>his victim a couple of times. The second one hit by one of these took
>eight wounds to the guts (excellent damage rolls and I had no chips left
>to reduce it). The problem is the burst radius! They new it was going to
>be bad so for the first one they took cover behind some boulders. The
>second one Los D. came from the rear, so cover wasn't as easily taken
>advantage of. Party members a little over 30yds away still took like 10d8
>damage. OUCH! Be very very careful.

         Thanks for the battle account!

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Fellow, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_