Re: [DL] The Art of Spaghetti Western

Some Movie spoilers follow.  Nothing game related.

 >Then you've obviously missed something very important in "Pale Rider" and
 >the most important reason why it's such a good Deadlands movie....
 >I'll give you a few hints...
 >    He appears out of nowhere when a little girl prays for help.
 >    He rides a pale horse...
 >    He just disappears when everything is done. He doesn't just ride off
 >into the sunset, he literally disappears.
 >    When Stockburn first comes into town he's told about the preacher and he
 >says that sounds like someone he knew, but that it couldn't be because he's
 >dead. Later on when he actually faces him, he looks surprised, and screams
 >out "It's you"...

And you missed one detail.

When the preacher shoots Stockburn, he shoots him in exactly the same spots
that the preacher has bullet hole scars at.

In a very real sense, Pale Rider is a more refined version of High Plains
Drifter.  Both set the tone of a non-overt supernatural horror tale.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

"When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it
does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that
its professors are obliged to call for help of the civil power, 'tis a
sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one."
                 - Benjamin Franklin